Extensive preservation work was completed including the installation of a new roof, adobe and plaster repairs, replacement of shutters and the application of a lime wash to the exterior walls. In addition, exterior wood surfaces were repaired and restored with an unusual variety of faux finishes that were original to the Home in the late 1800s. Portions of the site were re-graded to eliminate drainage problems and to protect the adobe walls. The mechanical and electrical systems were updated to provide an improved environment for the sites’ collections.
Original construction of building: 1875